The North Haven Historical Society is a non-profit organization established in 1957. It is a volunteer based organization actively engaged with the community to preserve historical structures, artifacts, and documents related to the Town of North Haven.
Annual Business Meeting April 10, 2014
Treasurer’s Report – Walt Brockett
Report on Martha Culver House and Cultural Center repairs – Sue Iverson
Report on 2013-14 projects – Bob Iverson
- 3rd grade tours -
- Trolley tour 2013 – best for public education
- Silk’n Sounds – great success!
- Christmas social – 50 people!
- Tea in the garden – June 1; May 8 @ 9:30 am
- Tag sale – Sept/Oct 2014
- Genealogy workshop – May 20 – 22 $25 for the sessions
- Trolley tour 2014 – Oct. 5
- Delay of demo – next meeting 4/14 @ 4pm (see article in 4/10/14 Hartford Courant “Owner’s Neglect Demolishing Historic House”)
- Historic Preservation Commission – Pat
- two roles – protect town-owned properties and work with Delay of Demo ordinance
- We need a Program Chair and a Curator!
- Wedding gowns program – Spring 2015
Look into blinds with Ron Barnabei on Pool Rd for purchase / installation
1 year term – Sue Iverson nominated and elected as Recording Secretary
Vice President – Ann Clark nominated and elected
President – Pat Buonpane nominated and elected
Treasurer – Walt Brockett nominated and elected
Next meeting: May 15 @ 5:30 pm